Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) have become popular alternative sources of lighting. As such, LEDs provide an economical, cheap, and convenient means of lighting. Innovations in LED technology has resulted in the adoption of LEDs in various application fields. Selecting an appropriate LED technology depends on application-specific needs, site uniqueness, and energy saving requirements. However, the LED industry offers products suitable for use in different application settings. With a superb energy saving and lifespan over fluorescent and incandescent lamps, LEDs minimize maintenance costs. This article provides an overview of the advantages of LEDs and factors to consider when selecting a wholesale supplier.
LEDs offer several advantages over conventional lighting technologies. These benefits include durability, long life spans, and improved performance in cold temperatures, bidirectional light emission, and instant light on at full output. Others include non-detrimental on-off cycling, dimming capability, color tuning, and reduced radiation emission. However, several critical factors should be considered before choosing an LED vendor.
Selecting a Supplier
Choosing the best supplier involves evaluating several key factors. Assess the provider’s ability to offer a structured walk-through of available options. Evaluate a vendor’s ability to provide answers to problems and questions. Select a vendor conversant with how to set up lighting spaces. Gravitate towards a supplier capable of offering support via email or telephone during and after the project. More importantly, select a supplier with the ability to provide customized lighting solutions. Also, reflect on the vendor’s experience and specialization in supplying and installing LEDs. Ascertain the provider’s inventory levels and ability to fulfill large orders.
- LED Ceiling Lights are useful for indoor lighting. LED Ceiling lights offer homeowners a unique, functional, and inviting lighting plan. A wide variety of fixtures are available to choose from in the market.
- LED Flood Lights offer bright lighting spread out in a wide angle. Typically, flood lights are deployed in playgrounds, theaters, stadiums, warehouses, and a building’s perimeter. Flood lights are usually brighter than halogen or CFL units. The conveniences of LED flood lights include durability, reliability and budget friendliness.
- LED Grow Lights are designed to emit light that stimulates plant photosynthesis. LED grow lights are applied in locations where naturally occurring light is minimal. Grow lights provide a light spectrum similar to that of the sun sufficient to the needs of plant life.
- LED Headlights provide automobiles with a powerful source of forwarding lighting. LED headlights are brighter than conventional halogen headlights. LED lights turn on instantly and consume less power in comparison to HID or halogen units.
- LED Lights for Trucks feature low power consumption convenient for use in trucks and recreational vehicles. LED truck lights extend the life of a vehicle’s battery. Automobile lights are available in a wide variety of configurations. The different types of vehicle lights include signaling lights, mirror lights, forward lighting, clearance lamps, and marker and reflector lamps. LED lights are ideal for enhancing a vehicle’s visibility.
- LED Security Light(s) are used as corrective or preventive intrusion deterrence measures against criminal elements. Additionally, LED security lights to assist in deterring or identifying intruders. These security lights consist of a powerful and bright LED light source fitted with a motion sensor up to a distance of 10 meters. Motion sensors allow lights turn on and off automatically. LED Security Lights are available for both residential and commercial lighting applications. Strategically placed security lights ensure that the location is well illuminated.
- LED Garage Lights are useful for illuminating, garages, factories, workbenches, workshop entry and exit points. Additionally, LED garage lights reduce the costs of lighting a garage’s interior. High bay lights come in different forms and sizes to satisfy a client need. These lights are ideal for lighting large settings. Customers who require low cost maintenance lamps and quality performance should consider purchasing high bay light fixtures.
Installation of LED Lights
Replacing incandescent, CFL, or halogen lighting fixtures with energy saving LEDs is the best decision one can make. LED light fixtures are relatively easy to install, operate, and maintain. Available LED terms and technologies are confusing to the novice. Hence, ensure that you have all the required supplies and tools before the project. Next, determine, and obtain a sufficient power supply unit for running LED components. Create a mockup of the installation to visualize the project. Uncoil LED strips from the supply reel. Attach LED lights to the power source and turn it on. If the lamps fail to light, recheck your connection. Consider whether you require a dimmer or that illumination satisfies your needs.
Before commencing the installation, perform careful measurements to determine the appropriate location and positioning of lights. Make the necessary connections, test the installation, and make necessary adjustments.
Current LED technology offers tremendous benefits in energy cost savings. Advancements in luminaire design, facilitate the development of products with low luminance ratios. LEDs contribute to the reduction of CO2. Accordingly, this reduces dependence on fossil fuels to generate electricity. Any LED project involves various trade-offs and assessments. The following factors should be evaluated:
- Luminosity: the relationship between input wattage and light emitted by the LED lamp.
- Correlated Color Temperature: consider whether emitted light is either warm or cool.
- Color Rendering Index: assess how the light source renders color for the human eye. High CRI’s are not required in all situations. Evaluate an LED lamp’s ability to give excellent color rendering relative to expected application and environment.
- Adaptive Control Mitigation: are there any adaptive controls present in the configuration? Adaptive controls are enhancements in LED technology that provide added energy savings. An LED project should include these controls in its design and layout.
- Heat Mitigation: LED lamp performance deteriorates with the increase in temperatures. For that reason, incorporate mechanisms for dissipating heat.
- Lumen Depreciation: consider the LED’s robustness and efficiency over time
Finally, consider the project’s expenditure regarding alternate solutions and initial resource outlay. As capital costs progressive decline over time, new LED installations are cheaper than before.