LED High Bay light fixtures are specifically designed for larger areas with tall ceilings, 20 to 40 feet high. These lights can create a powerful illumination at long ranges by focusing light more directly, which makes them perfect for industrial and commercial applications such as warehouses and retail stores.
Owing to the growing popularity of light-emitting diode (LED) technology, the LED bay lighting market is bursting with all sorts of High Bay LED lighting fixtures. The popularity of LED High Bay lights fixtures is attributable to the dropping cost of LED technology.
Why Use LED High Bay lighting?
While there are many options when it comes to lighting larger spaces — hangars, gyms, factories, warehouses, et cetera — going with high bay LED fixtures does not disappoint. Here are some of the benefits of using high bay LED lighting:
- Better light uniformity- Compared to CFL and fluorescent lights, light distribution patterns in LED lighting is superior. LED lights have minimal static build up and lesser light distortion.
- Sight advantages and durability- LED lights have been proven to be easier on the eyes. There’s absolutely no flickering (flickering can be problematic to the eyes) once the light is turned on. These lights are also very durable, they don’t bust easily, and they are almost damage proof- not to mention maintenance-free.
- They last long and don’t emit any heat- Besides being durable, LED lights can last up to ten times longer than the alternatives (CFL and fluorescent). There are no heat emissions, hence reduced cooling costs.
- They save energy- This is the biggest advantage LED has over other lighting technologies. LED High Bay lighting uses less power. Combining LED lighting with smart sensors can help further lower energy costs.
Top Tips for Buying High Bay LED Lighting
- Purchase high bay LED fixtures from a supplier who offers a guarantee on their products. Consider the price, but be careful not to compromise quality. Look at the light’s anti-static capacity to gauge its quality.
- Look at the radiator surface of the light fixture you want to purchase, the bigger, the better. Larger radiator surface guarantees better heat dissipation and is a sign of better manufacturing technology.
- Test the brightness and stability of a LED High Bay light for 48-72 hours before making a bulk purchase. You can always find a product that falls within your needs, budgetary or otherwise.
- Scrutinize your supplier. There is a lot of confusion surrounding the many aspects of LED lighting, and unscrupulous suppliers may try to exploit this confusion. Exercise caution. Request figures to back up any claims the supplier makes to avoid getting duped.
There are numerous features separating LED luminaries from traditional models. They have quality designs and a reputation for excellence attained through years of innovations. This is why LED High Bay lighting easily outperforms the competition in all aspects.