LED rope lights are strings of lamps that are encased in flexible tubing. The tubing is usually round and transparent and houses the LEDs and wiring. It also protects the LED lights from the elements while allowing for direct lighting.
The LED rope light technology has brought with it many advantages. Apart from the fact that a LED rope is sold in bulk, it can also be used as is or even cut up into smaller manageable lengths, thus allowing creativity in lighting designs. Other advantages of LED rope lighting include:
LED lights are extremely durable. The average lifespan of a good quality LED is around 50,000 hours. Compared to contemporary lighting, the LED system offers a better and sustainable option.
The use of LEDs has gained tremendous popularity globally due to their efficiency. An LED rope light system is efficient in that:
- It consumes minimal energy.
- The durability of LEDs eliminates the need for frequent replacement.
- The LED rope lights are flexible thus can be used to bring out creative designs.
- LEDs produce negligible amounts of heat during use, and are considered one of the safest lighting methods.
Wide Color Range.
Linear lighting is creative. LED rope lighting complements this by offering the most comprehensive range of color hues. In fact, there is a LED light for almost every color in the known spectrum. The color variety enables the user to create different backgrounds for the best visual and aesthetic effects.
Custom Light Effects.
The flexibility of the LED rope light systems enables the user to bring out custom light effects. The LED lights are highly programmable, and the user can make use of controllers to create flow lights, chase effects among others.
Unlike incandescent and fluorescent light systems which contain harmful elements and heavy metals such as mercury and lead, LED rope systems do not contain any harmful elements. These lights are completely recyclable and friendly to the environment.
There are many models of LED rope lights on the market. In order to get the best, there are some factors that a buyer should consider when selecting a wholesale supplier. Some of these factors are:
- Price. The prices for different LED rope sizes and color varieties may vary, and the buyer should have this factor in mind when selecting a supplier.
- The customer should know the estimated size of LEDs needed to avoid overbuying.
- The intended use of the lights is also an important factor to consider. It will help the buyer decide on the color scheme and size, flexibility, brightness among other things.
In a changing world that is inclined towards environmental preservation now more than ever, using LED lighting systems is one of the best decisions that one can make. By reading this article, the potential LED user gets valuable information on LED rope lighting and is better placed to make the best decisions when it comes to buying and installing this system.