Lighting is an extremely important factor in almost everything we do. After all, it would be difficult to accomplish anything if we couldn’t see what we were doing. With that said, there are many different types of lighting – such as torches, candles, light bulbs and flashlights. Torches are rarely seen anymore, candles are typically used more for decoration, and flashlights are used for lighting on-the-go; this leaves the light bulb as the most popular option for lighting.
Types of Light Bulbs
Even light bulbs themselves come in many different types. They are as follows:
- Incandescent – The incandescent light bulb is the most widely used out of the different types, and it is also the least expensive. They give out a warm glow and typically last a maximum of 10,000 hours, although they are not nearly as energy efficient as other types.
- Halogen – Halogen bulbs are similar to incandescent bulbs, except these give out a light with the most likeness to daylight, a.k.a. “white light”. Although a touch more efficient than incandescent bulbs, halogen bulbs cost more and burn at a higher temperature.
- Fluorescent – Fluorescent bulbs are also comparative to daylight, although they are harsh and have an almost blue tint to the light they emit. These bulbs work well in large areas as they last longer and produce more light than incandescent bulbs.
- Compact Fluorescent Bulbs (CFL) – CFLs last ten times longer than incandescent bulbs and are also four times as efficient. Compared to the original fluorescent bulb, CFLs are quiet, turn on instantly, and use a warmer light rather than the blue tones of the original.
- Light Emitting Diode (LED) – LEDs aren’t necessarily light bulbs; instead, they are a modern lighting technology – the longest lasting and most energy efficient one yet. They are not supported as a universal replacement yet, but there’s not doubt that they will be, based on how efficient they are.
More About the LED Lamp
The LED lamp works by passing an electric current through semiconductor devices called diodes. This passing electric current is what lights up the LEDs. This light source is directional which means it emits light in one direction, compared to fluorescent and incandescent bulbs which emit light and heat in all directions.
With that said, LEDs are better used for task lighting instead of general lighting. An LED desk lamp or LED headlamp would be the best option for these purposes, as the direction would provide optimal lighting on the task at hand.
LED light sources are also incredibly energy efficient, known to use at least 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs. They also last 25 times longer, generally making this light source the ideal option for most uses.
Buying an LED Desk Lamp or LED Headlamp from Wholesale Suppliers
Disregarding the use of wholesale suppliers to purchase LED desk lamps or LED headlamps, there are certain things you should keep in mind while looking for one of these light sources. For example, when considering how bright the LED is, don’t look at watts.Watts are typically associated with the energy and brightness of incandescent bulbs. When it comes to LEDs, watts don’t mean much of anything. You’ll need to look at the lumens in order to determine how bright the LED is. Other things to look out for are the color of the LED, cost, whether or not the light source is dimmable, and the fixture the LED will be put in.
Even more specific, when preparing to buy from a wholesaler, make sure to check into the company before purchasing. Always compare prices with other companies first. The 50 largest wholesale companies own more than 25% of the market, which makes it probably to find better prices from lesser known competition. Also make sure the company provides reliable shipping and quality customer service. With the bulk size of your order, you’ll want to make sure everything goes smoothly, and these things will help the process greatly.